Custom Kydex Holsters Mag Pouches F.A.Q.s
We get tons of questions about Kydex, ordering Weber Tactical Custom Kydex Holsters Mag Pouches and which type of holster is best for any give application, therefore, we decided to answer the most frequent questions below. We welcome questions and comments. If there is anything we neglected to cover shoot us a message on our contact us page. Thanks for your interest in Weber Tactical Custom Kydex Holsters Mag Pouches products.
It is an acrylic-polyvinyl chloride composite engineered for thermoforming fabrication, and combines properties of both the acrylic and the polyvinyl chloride components. From acrylic, it obtains rigidity and formability; from PVC, toughness, chemical resistance and good interior finish ratings. Sheet thickness ranges from .028 to .500 and can be thermoformed, post formed, brake formed and laminated.
- modulus of elasticity in flexure is 330,000 psi.
- parts formed from sheet will be rigid and will see moderate deformation when loaded. This is of particular importance in deep formed parts with thin wall sections.
- relatively hard thermoplastic, with a hardness of 90 on the Rockwell R scale. This hardness, combined with a grained surface, increases its abrasive resistance.
- low flammability, UL 94 classification V-0
For some applications it is used as replacement for leather, where it has the following advantages:
- scratch resistant (Rockwell “R” hardness of 90)
- holds its shape better, and will not stretch or shrink under normal conditions
- lower friction.
The holster-making processes varies considerably. Some companies use injection molding. Each holster mold is filled with molten plastic, then forced into the desired shape with heat and pressure. Injection molding is fast and produces inexpensive parts, usually made from harder plastics. If an injection-molded holster is made from cheaper plastic, the material can cause rapid holsterwear and remove the finish from your pistol.
There are no injection-molded holsters made with genuine KYDEX-brand plastic. That’s because KYDEX is engineered from pure polymers; their extruded sheets don’t contain blended stiffeners (such as glass). KYDEX lasts longer than cheaper plastic and it’s far less likely to damage your firearm, no matter how many times you holster and un-holster your gun.
Any holster can wear the finish of your pistol. And it’s certainly true that pistol wear is the primary issue facing owners of KYDEX holsters. To minimize the problem, holsters made of KYDEX must be manufactured to follow the EXACT shape and form of the weapon inside them. They must apply pressure on the proper areas of the firearm – and nothing more. By matching the weapon and shaping the holster correctly, quality KYDEX holsters rarely present finish wear. We take considerable time to insure that every Weber Tactical Custom Kydex Holster Mag Pouch fits perfectly to insure minimum wear.
Ordering Custom Kydex from Weber Tactical is easy.
- Select Inside the Wasteband (IWB) or Outside the Wasteband (OWB): Generally, IWB is preferred by undercover LEOs and Civilians with the proper permitting to carry a firearm in public. OWB is the choice of on duty LEO, Military, competition shooters and civilians engaging in activities where overt carry is either acceptable or preferable.
- Select the most appropriate holster for your activity: Duty, Carry or Competition.
- Select the make and model of your firearm.
- Select Right or Left handed carry.
- Select your mounting system (see belt mounting options below).
- Let us know if you have a rail mounted light or laser.
- Pick your color or colors.
- Add to cart!
- Weber Tactical will start assembling your custom holster right away. Lead times are just 2-4 weeks for most orders. Some special orders can take up to 6 weeks.
Most orders take 2-4 weeks to arrive at your door step from the time we get the order. Some special order take longer – up to 6 weeks. Every Custom Kydex Holster Mag Pouch we make is just that – CUSTOM! This takes time and expertise. Kydex is an amazing product but it must be handled correctly, heated and cooled perfectly and finished with care to insure that you get the very best product possible. From time to time we get a huge influx of orders. This can increase wait times. We will notate this in the banner when it happens.
We offer several options:
- IWB Carry
- 1.75 speed clip: Made from Nylon 66 plastic giving the clip strength and rigid power to grasp the belt and pants. Slotted contact points allow for cant adjustments.
- OWB Carry
- Belt Loops 1.5″ or 1.75″: This is the most common system. The 1.5″ is ideal for traditional reinforced belts and the 1.75″ is wide enough for duty.
- Paddle Mount: Our paddles allow for easy removal of the firearm and holster together. This is an excellent choice for those that must be able to add and subtract their firearm from their EDC throughout the day without removing their belt.
- Competition / Modular Carry
- RTI Mount: This system is great for any application that requires the ability to add/subtract/relocate a firearm when time counts. LEOs, Military and Competitors have all embraced this system.
- Tek-Lock: is a great choice for competition belts like Blade-Tech, Double Alpha, etc. It offers unsurpassed locking and adjustability.
Most of our holster can be adapted for any of the above options. Feel free to contact us if you still have questions about the perfect mounting system for your Custom Kydex Holster.
Our holsters have a lifetime guarantee against normal use. Any attempt to alter this holster, or use in a way it was not designed for will result in the warranty being voided. This holster was custom designed to fit the weapon stated on this label and will not fit any other gun. Weber Tactical will not replace any holster that has been altered in any way. Weber Tactical does not warranty attachment parts or hangers manufactured by other companies.
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, transaction information, and credit card information) when you make a purchase with us online or by telephone, save your information with us online, register for an account, ask to receive our emails or newsletter, participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or survey, or visit our website (see Cookies below).
Weber Tactical understands there are times consumers don’t have the same desire or taste in gear as we do. We will except returns in the original package 30 days from the date of delivery. There will be a 25% restocking fee for the return on all credit card purchases. In the event there is a problem with your holster out of the box we will refund your shipping back to us and correct the problem immediately. If you are unhappy with the retention of the holster we will gladly adjust it for free. The customer will be responsible for the shipping to us and we will pay the return shipping to the customer. All custom holsters with Logos, Emblems, or Prints are non-refundable.
If you are canceling an order paid for with a credit card there will be a 5% credit card processing fee deducted from the original purchased price at the time of refund
For returns email us at firstname.lastname@example.org